Summary of Responsibilities:
This position is responsible for the overall management of TruWest's direct/indirect loan processing, direct consumer lending operations, inclusive of product management/development, business development, credit granting policy, while managing lending procedures, lending support operations, and the overall management of the staff and work flow of the loan department. This position is also responsible for consumer loan, mortgage and HELOC/HE Servicing (hereinafter Loan Servicing).
This position must foster an empowered work environment that allows staff to provide spontaneous service excellence to members, employees and business associates demonstrating the values shown on TruWest's Vision, Mission, and Values card.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Responsible for overall management of the staff and entire workflow of the Consumer Lending and loan servicing departments. This is inclusive of the Loan Officers, Processing/Funding area, Credit Cards, and loan servicing staff.
2. Maintain effective loan underwriting criteria that is balanced, reaching both risk control targets and loan volume targets.
3. Maintain, develop, monitor and implement policies and procedures that assure quality member service in concert with protecting the credit union's assets and preventing losses from operations.
4. Responsible for business development and consumer loan portfolio growth through effective pricing, competitively structured products, third party business sources, lending procedures that enhance borrower convenience and efficient support staff.
5. Develop new, updated, and expanded consumer loan products for implementation and distribution to membership to ensure a competitive edge in the marketplace.
6. Responsible for assuring that credit union loan officers are trained in loan underwriting, processing and closing, while fostering an environment where staff develops cross-selling skills.
7. Ensures compliance of all functional areas to all local, State and Federal and internal regulations governing the collections/recovery industry (including but, not limited to FDCPA, CFPB, FNMA, Bankruptcy laws, State and Federal compliance as it relates to all products including real estate products, etc.).
8. Overall responsibility for the hiring, training, motivation, supervision, and career development of the lending, processing and loan servicing staff. Fosters an empowered work environment and supports and promotes all credit union initiatives.
9. Monitor and provide statistical information to the CLO at month end and as requested.
10. Responsible for developing and achieving goals established in the business plan and budget.
11. Follow credit union policies for compliance with all laws and regulations, specifically, but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act, Security Policies and Confidentiality Policies.
12. Individual is responsible to ensure completion of daily/monthly and ADHOC reporting
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities
1. Assure that lending support operations are effective in both service delivery and resource efficiency.
2. Plans and participates in continuing education and professional development courses related to the credit union and consumer lending industries.
3. Responsible for developing back-up personnel for all area positions, including management.
4. Perform special projects as assigned by Senior Management.
5. Perform other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor Degree in business related studies.
Experience: A minimum of 5 years of credit union (or similar financial institution) Consumer Lending/Collection experience and demonstrated management experience.
Knowledge and Skills: Individual will provide leadership and management of Consumer Lending and loan servicing including staff development and motivation, business development, product development and management while supervising large work groups. Requires intermediate knowledge of computer software applications including: spreadsheet, word processing and presentation applications. Requires strong working knowledge of Federal and State Regulations and lending related products. This position may involve minimal business travel.