|Employer:||TruWest Credit Union|
Tempe - Maricopa County|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Salary Range:||$74,662/Year - $91,255/Year|
|Benefits:||Lucrative first day benefits such as 401(k), PTO, and much more!|
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Analyzes financial information including balance sheets, income statements, tax returns and
cash flow to form an opinion of strengths, weaknesses and risks associated with loan
• Performs full underwriting analysis from information provided by the borrower in order to
determine appropriate loan structure and/or viability, and provide recommendation to MBL VP , prior to preparation of Loan Committee presentations.
• Reviews loan package to determine need for additional information and contacts member
directly for information and details related to loan request.
• Orders and reviews appraisals and environmental reports.
• Assists in portfolio administration including tracking, updating, preparing and ensuring
timely completion of monthly loan and committee reports to senior management.
• Prepares setup sheets for new loans and sets up/creates new collateral and credit files.
• Assists in the preparation, ordering and review of loan documents for in-house closings.
and performs overview of attorney prepared loan documents.
• Assists in resolving post-closing requirements.
• Maintains accurate filing system of hard copy loan applications received so as to properly
match to completed loan before scanning/storage.
• Monitor and maintain the reports are updated and committee packages are updated and
ready for meetings.
• Maintains existing loan database for daily reporting.
• Coordinates with outside financial institutions interested in participating with TruWest to ensure that they have all necessary loan information in order to decide whether or not to purchase.
• Maintains participation database and ensures that payment remittances are sent to participants on time.
• Mentors junior credit analysts.
• Responsible for completing annual reviews for all loans
• Responsible for obtaining information for ongoing monitoring and risk analysis of
the business loan portfolio.
• Responsible for obtaining the information necessary to affect complete, accurate, and
regulatory compliant loan packages
• Take complete applications and follow-through with all aspects of the business loan process from time of application through loan closing.
• Reviews files to ensure compliance with TruWest credit policy, MBL procedures, and regulatory requirements.
• Prepares files for internal/external auditors.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities
• Consistently maintain standards of operation for position, good organizational skills, and project
• Follow credit union policies for compliance with all laws and regulations, specifically, but
not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act, Security Policies and Confidentiality Policies.
• Adheres to TruWest Human Resource policies.
• Assists with other duties as assigned.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Conducts credit investigations including gathering, analyzing and interpreting all types of credit information on existing and prospective members and portfolios. Makes recommendations regarding the extension of credit. Assists lenders with the composition of loan presentations and related reports as requested by management. Provides support to Commercial Lenders with loan closings and customer service support to commercial members. Must be knowledgeable of credit union products and services in order to identify cross-selling opportunities that will benefit the member. Provide spontaneous service excellence to members, employees and business associates; demonstrating the values shown on TruWest Vision, Mission, and Values card.
This position will be responsible for performing the underwriting and risk evaluation analysis, including completing Credit Authorizations, for loan approval. Responsibilities also include spreading financial statements and tax returns. This position will support the Business Lending Department by completing loan analysis on loans generated from all sources including originations, participation loans and loans generated through TruWest’s indirect light duty commercial dealership network.
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or a related field
Minimum of 5 years of experience in a credit union or similar financial institution.
Knowledge and Skills:
Individual must possess sound analytical expertise for the spreading and evaluation of financial
data. Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as interpersonal skills are
required. Must be knowledgeable in commercial loan and commercial real estate loan
documentation. Sound organizational skills are required to ensure credit union quality of
service. Position requires thorough knowledge of email/internet software, Word and Excel.
Must be capable of working independently under minimal supervision.