|Employer:||TruWest Credit Union|
Tempe - Maricopa County|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Salary Range:||$53,000 to $85,000 DOE|
|Benefits:||Lucrative first day health insurance, 401(k) matching, 20 days PTO in first year and much more!|
|Position located in our Tempe Headquarters.|
Hours: M-F: 8-5
TruWest Credit Union has been in business for over 65 years and growing rapidly. We stand by the worldwide Credit Union motto of "People helping people" including members, each other and our community!
TruWest seeks someone who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves, be a team player, and who enjoys having some fun at work.
If you wish to work for a great place to work that provides fantastic first day benefits, please apply now and begin your career at one of the fastest growing credit unions in the area! You will be glad you did!
This individual will provide support to the accounting function of the credit union.
|• Prepares month end financial statements and board reports.|
• Prepare month end journal entries including expense and income accruals.
• Prepares state & federal, regulatory reports (5300 CALL Report).
• Assists with the maintenance of fixed assets and prepaid subsidiary ledgers.
• Responsible for analysis and reconciliation of specific general ledger accounts.
• Responsible for analysis of transaction integrated from the core system to the Accounting Great Plains system.
• Provides various reports to management.
• Responsible for analyzing differences between actual vs budget.
• Review and approve weekly Accounts Payable batches.
• Assists in analyzing data to ensure proper accounting procedures have been followed.
• Assists auditors and examiners in timely completion of annual audits.
• Follow credit union policies for compliance with all laws and regulations, specifically, but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act, Security Policies and Confidentiality Policies
Education: BA/BS degree in accounting, finance or equivalent
Experience:Four years of general ledger and detailed subsidiary ledger account reconciliation experience, and 5300 CALL report experience; preferably at a credit union or financial institution.