|Employer:||Horizons North Credit Union|
Northglenn - Adams County|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Benefits:||Full Benefits Package|
|Financial Service Representatives break the mold of what true financial service means. Focusing on sales and service, Financial Service Representatives underwrite consumer loans, open accounts, handle teller transactions when needed, inform members of other products and services that meet their needs, and solve member questions and concerns with warmth and a collaborative spirit. Financial Service Representatives build relationships with members based on trust, recommending financial solutions based on each member's unique goals and needs. |
Eligibility for incentives is based on sales referrals, branch growth and/or member satisfaction
We're looking for people who want more than just a job who want to make a difference in the communities where we live and work.
This position requires National Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) registration under the terms of the S.A.F.E. Act of 2008 and Regulation Z. You will be subject to the required registration process, which includes a criminal background and credit check. Failure to meet or maintain any of the NMLS registration requirements, including maintaining a satisfactory criminal and credit record, may result in a rescission of your offer or termination of employment.
|PRIMARY & ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:|
A. Transaction/Sales Responsibilities:
1. Financial Service Representatives are responsible for offering and selling financial products and services to both consumer and small business members. Including, but not limited to:
a. Consumer Lending and underwriting
b. Checking and Savings Accounts
c. Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs)
d. Certificates of Deposit
2. Provides exceptional member service while listening for sales opportunities, explains and promotes credit union products or services to members and actively participates in the referral program and strives to meet goal.
3. Effectively use sales skills such as: effective listening, adapting to differences in members, identifying needs, expanding and deepening member relationships, responding to verbal and non-verbal clues, presenting solutions through product benefits, establishing a clear difference, overcoming resistance, asking for the business, completing sale, nurturing relationships, and establishing methods for follow-up.
4. Follow up with prospects and current members to promote new products and services and/or thanking members for existing business.
5. Actively monitor the status of key member relationships to promote business growth and service quality, Increase the number of services used per member to increase both profits and member retention.
6. Maintains confidentiality in handling member and bank information.
7. Follows security policies and procedures to prevent bank and member losses.
8. Resolves member complaints.
9. Maintains a detailed level of knowledge on retail products and services and a conversational knowledge of non-retail products (e.g., mortgage, insurance, wealth management)
11. Works collaboratively with the banking team to achieve member service and sales objectives
12. Actively participates in banking center sales activities
|REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:|
1. High School Diploma/GED. Bachelorís Degree preferred
2. Previous experience in consumer lending and underwriting
3. 1-3 years of experience in high quality sales & member service
4. High attention to detail
5. Experience working in a team environment
6. Ability to read and interpret documents such as policy and procedure manuals
7. Demonstrated ability to multi-task and manage time
8. Knowledge of MS Office, Windows and ten key calculator
9. Must hold current NMLS number, or be eligible to apply