When joining Elevations, you can expect to work for a company that:
Provides amazing experiences and creates raving fans.
Strives to provide solutions for a better life and promises employees it will be the best place they have ever worked.
Wins awards such as “Best Bank”, “Best Companies to Work for in Colorado” and even the “Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award”, the only Presidential award for quality.
Has a highly-engaged workforce and emphasizes career growth, empowerment and servant leadership.
What’s in it for you:
Competitive pay, organization-wide incentive program, 401k matching, mortgage and auto discounts
4 weeks min. paid time off, work anniversary paid time off, 11 paid holidays, and 16hrs paid volunteer time off
Medical, dental, and vision health plans with FSA or HSA options
Onsite fitness center, Zumba and yoga classes, health fairs with biometrics screening and flu shots
Employee Assistance Program with a variety of services
Career development, trainings, career coaching, job shadowing, mentoring program, tuition reimbursement up to $5,000/year, and a recognition system
Culture of excellence and continuous improvement
We strive to be the best place you’ve ever worked!
Elevation’s Credit Union is seeking a professional, member focused, individual with experience in loss mitigation, collections, and account management. This position will handle highly confidential information, will take inbound calls and make outbound calls to accounts that have been referred to loss mitigation. This individual will be tasked with reviewing the member’s intent and ability to pay and will educate the member on documents required for possible resolution.
The Loss Mitigation Specialist will need to have financial knowledge to minimize credit union losses and maximize collection or recovery of credit union assets. The individual will perform a variety of activities including, but not limited to reducing potential losses from problem accounts.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Reviews Home Equity and Visa portfolios to make recommendations for appropriate account action.
• Develop, monitor, and assess credit risk reports; analyze portfolio performance, and data analytics.
• Review mortgage special requests, including but not limited to re-plats, modifications, partial conveyance, and PMI adjustments.
• Monitors account opening process and adjusts parameters to reduce losses/fraud while providing a quality member experience.
• Monitors the Courtesy Pay program to ensure appropriate measures are in place to curtail excessive usage by members. Contact and council members so they are aware of alternatives.
• Adheres to policies and procedures and makes recommendations for appropriate changes.
• Maintains the Consumer Credit Counseling program, including but not limited to, review and acceptance of proposals, appropriate status updates on accounts, program monitoring and reporting as needed
• Maintains and process garnishments and levy receipts and appropriate communication with members as needed
• Recommends new practices and procedures to the Loss Mitigation Manager and AVP CRM to minimize losses and protect the credit union’s interests
• Maintains appropriate contact with members, attorneys, bankruptcy trustees, insurance companies, auto auctions, collection agencies, and automobile dealers
• Reviews and decisions settlement offers from members, attorneys, collection agencies, and debt consolidation companies
• Process share charge offs
Knowledge, Experience and Skill Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or similar field
• 1+ years’ like experience at a bank or credit union
• Knowledge of Fair Debt Practices Act (FDCPA) and its applicable rules and regulations
• Must be able to work comfortably with highly private and confidential information
• Ability to tactfully question or actively listen and negotiate effectively with members, attorneys, law enforcement, bonding company personnel, and employees of other departments to determine specific needs and solutions
• Ability to build relationships with bankruptcy attorneys, judges and trustees in the state of Colorado
• Ability to work independently
This Job Description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities of this position and may change with or without notice.
Candidates for certain positions may be required to submit to a credit history report in determining qualification for employment with Elevations Credit Union. If the position you are applying for requires a credit history report, any information received in such report will be not be the sole factor in making an employment decision. A history of personal financial irresponsibility may be reason for disqualification insofar as it relates to your potential job duties. Elevations Credit Union is aware that occasionally there are extenuating circumstances that may affect an individual's credit history. We comply with the Fair Credit Reporting Act and the Colorado Employment Opportunity Act.
About Us: Elevations Credit Union is a member-owned not-for-profit financial institution serving Colorado’s Front Range. Founded in 1953, we’ve grown from 12 members and less than $100 in assets to an institution with 13 branches and more than 120,000 members that manages over $1.7 billion in assets and is the No. 1 credit union mortgage lender in Colorado. At Elevations, we’ve made a commitment to move away from a product-centered business model and focus instead on creating consumer solutions. Our objective is to provide our members, as well as the entire community, with unbiased consumer information.
EEO Statement: Elevations Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical​​​ condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or ​expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
Candidates for certain positions may be required to submit to a credit history report in determining qualification for employment with Elevations Credit Union. If the position you are applying for requires a credit history report, any information received in such a report will not be the sole factor in making an employment decision. A history of personal financial irresponsibility may be reason for disqualification insofar as it relates to your potential job duties. Elevations Credit Union is aware that occasionally there are extenuating circumstances that may affect an individual's credit history. We comply with the Fair Credit Reporting Act and the Colorado Employment Opportunity Act.