Benefits include (but are not limited to): health, dental and vision insurance; 401(k); flexible spending account; paid holidays; paid volunteer opportunities; personal time; and sick leave.
Oregon Community Credit Union (OCCU) has an opening for a full time Branch Representative in the Eugene/Springfield area. If you are passionate about member service and want to be part of a dynamic and growing Credit Union, consider applying today!
As a not-for-profit financial institution, we strive to provide remarkable value and unparalleled personal guidance with every interaction. We focus on member service, community involvement and providing value to our more than 150,000 members with every decision we make. In exchange for high levels of work performance, dedication and innovative thinking, we are committed to providing our employees with a challenging, fun, open and engaging work environment that motivates them to stay with us over the long haul. Benefits include a robust 401(k) program with employer match after 6 months; medical, vision and dental coverage that starts the month after hire; life insurance and much more.
The Branch Representative is often the first contact a member has with the Credit Union. The impression they create must be one that delivers a message of professionalism, competence, and trust. This requires the ability to repeatedly project a warm, caring persona showing understanding, compassion, and sincerity. This position is key in building long-term relationships with the member by determining needs and appropriately matching services that fit the members’ current financial conditions as well as to proactively look for ways to maintain or improve their future financial condition.
The Branch Representative is responsible for providing guidance to members, opening accounts, processing and funding loan applications, and cross-selling other Credit Union products and services. Understanding our products and effectively communicating their benefits is key to building strong, trusted relationships with our members. The Branch Representative must be able to display a level of comfort with more complex and elevated member situations.
Location: Eugene/Springfield, OR
Beginning Salary Range: $13.80 - $16.82 per hour, eligible for commission
To find out more about Oregon Community Credit Union career opportunities, visit us at: https://www.myoccu.org/current-career-opportunities.
If you want to apply directly to this opportunity, click here: https://myoccu.clearcompany.com/careers/jobs/a7ef0be0-9b28-1c86-28ce-e2511ae6e2c2/apply?source=678234-CS-22574.
1. Act as a trusted advisor in all interactions with both consumer and business members and potential members. Establish and develop member relationships through both face-to-face interactions and outbound communications, keeping the member’s best interest in mind.
2. Understand OCCU's personal and business products and services and recommend those services based on the members’ needs. Actively contribute to branch and Credit Union goals by participating in sales campaigns and community events. Meet or exceed individual sales goals, using effective sales techniques that result in a positive experience for the member. Open and close both personal and business member accounts. Provide consultation regarding our products and services, make recommendations, and assist in problem resolution.
4. Interview credit applicants, review credit bureau reports, prepare all loan documentation, and input information into computer. Print documents and obtain member signatures where appropriate. Explain all documentation and procedures accurately to our members. Follow-up with members as appropriate. This may include personal and business member relationships.
5. Assist members with complimentary services including, but not limited to check ordering, bill-pay, Internet banking, automatic payments, ATM and FSCC inquiries, cashier checks, and account research requests.
6. Make outbound warm and cold calls to members, which may be informative or sales in nature.
7. Accurately process member financial transactions for both personal and business members, including but not limited to deposits, withdrawals, and transfers for members in the branch or on the telephone. Answer members’ questions regarding account details and perform file maintenance accurately.
8. Actively assist members waiting in line for Teller services and work as a Teller when needed. Display a sense of urgency in helping members in the branch before working on other responsibilities.
9. Must know basic business terms and language, and have the ability to effectively communicate with business members regarding business relationships with OCCU.
10. Maintain accurate records of all transactions. Balance personal cash drawer and daily transactions. Balance vault and cash dispensers, when necessary.
11. Assist with branch audits, as well as reviewing other team members’ work for accuracy and completeness.
12. Must follow all BSA regulations, including completing CTR reports when applicable, reporting suspicious activity via SAR when applicable and completing annual training.
13. Must maintain licensing and relevant updates with the NMLS Safe Act website including address changes, name changes, and other relevant personal information changes required by NMLS. Annually renew licensing in the timeline allotted by NMLS.
14. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. To follow all company policies and act as a role model to others in the following of these policies. This includes, but is not limited to, providing exceptional internal and external service, championing company values, representing the Credit Union with a high level of professionalism, working hard to support your teams, and arriving to work on time every day with a positive attitude.
2. Maintain a positive and proactive service spirit in all work. Greet members who enter the branch in a sincere manner. Ask appropriate questions to learn about members’ needs. Build positive and professional working relationships with members. Promote a cohesive team environment with co-workers.
3. To be accurate in all work performed. Accuracy is key to providing exceptional member service.
4. Ability to function independently in a multi-task environment and also as part of a team.
5. To keep track of one’s schedule and to attend work and meetings as scheduled and on-time.
6. To stay up to date with product, procedure, and other pertinent changes. To attend and complete training that enhances one’s ability to perform his or her job.
Two years to five years of similar or related experience.
Equivalent to a high school education.
Physical Demands and Work Requirements:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
• Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• Work Hours: This job can typically be done within a Monday through Saturday schedule; however, based on events going on there will be times when evening and weekend work is required with little or no notice.
Oregon Community Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer