Elevations Credit Union is a member-owned not-for-profit financial institution serving Colorado’s Front Range. Founded in 1953, we’ve grown from 12 members and less than $100 in assets to an institution with 11 branches and more than 120,000 members that manages over $1.7 billion in assets and is the No. 1 credit union mortgage lender in Colorado. At Elevations, we’ve made a commitment to move away from a product-centered business model and focus instead on creating consumer solutions. Our objective is to provide our members, as well as the entire community, with unbiased consumer information.
When joining Elevations, you can expect to work for a company that:
Provides amazing experiences and creates raving fans.
Strives to provide solutions for a better life and promises employees it will be the best place they have ever worked.
Wins awards such as “Best Bank”, “Best Companies to Work for in Colorado” and even the “Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award”, the only Presidential award for quality.
Has a highly-engaged workforce and emphasizes career growth, empowerment and servant leadership.
What’s in it for you:
Competitive pay, organization-wide incentive program, 401k matching, mortgage and auto discounts
4 weeks min. paid time off, work anniversary paid time off, 11 paid holidays, and 16hrs paid volunteer time off
Medical, dental, and vision health plans with FSA or HSA options
Onsite fitness center, Zumba and yoga classes, health fairs with biometrics screening and flu shots
Employee Assistance Program with a variety of services
Career development, trainings, career coaching, job shadowing, mentoring program, tuition reimbursement up to $5,000/year, and a recognition system
Culture of excellence and continuous improvement
We strive to be the best place you’ve ever worked!
What you will be doing:
The Application Developer III is committed to providing top quality solutions that meet the needs of our business departments. This role is be responsible for translating software requirements into well-designed solutions; working with 'off the shelf' software, modifying it and integrating it into the existing architecture; and maintaining programs for business applications. The ideal candidate will be someone with the ability to multi-task on a wide range of projects and stay up-to-date on the latest technologies and paradigms. Must be hands-on skills savvy enough to confidently design and architect systems, including deployment rollouts. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. As a member of a learning organization that values process improvement, this position will develop and improve technical and engineering processes to create efficiencies.
• Internal subject matter expert on IT solutions.
• Provides deep architectural knowledge with respect to design patterns and best practices.
• Provides a degree of technical leadership; innovates and improves standard operating procedures.
• Provide technical leadership and mentorship to the team and promote an open, learning culture.
• Creates and enforces methodologies to standardize the integration of different technologies, standards, processes, tools, and architectures into a stable and effective technology platform.
• Relies on professional experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals and perform a variety of complicated tasks.
• Ability to execute on multiple projects within required timelines and expectations and effectively communicate updates with team and management.
• Works closely with IT management to execute IT strategic plan.
• Builds sound relationships and works collaboratively with outside entities (companies and/or individuals).
• Use seasoned analytical and problem resolution skills.
• Applies knowledge of technology to improve work processes and results (e.g., enhance productivity, efficiency, collaboration, quality, or customer satisfaction); uses technology to solve work-related problems and find new methods to enhance results.
• Ability to communicate technical information to the Executive level in plain language so they understand and anticipate the impact of technology on current and future processes, products, and services. Communication may involve motivating or influencing organizational leaders.
• Have a good balance and understanding of calculated risk-taking together with risk mitigation styles.
• Utilizes expert ability to quickly troubleshoot issues and resolve incidents while communicating with stakeholders.
• Work closely with suppliers to ensure successful software or hardware implementation and support.
• Utilizes sound development life cycle practices, adheres to established processes, and documents delivery of application solutions.
• Contributes technical knowledge and understanding of applications to training programs, support processes, and operating procedures.
• Must be continually well read on current technologies; Keeps others informed about the latest technology innovations in various industries.
• Exercises extreme confidentiality as the scope of work will include access to sensitive data and financial perspectives.
• Plan and Organize – Coordinate self and others to complete work efficiently and on time by setting priorities, establishing timelines, and leveraging resources; typically including assigning responsibility for tasks.
• Expert Decision Making – Involve others throughout the decision-making process to obtain better information, generate alternatives, and ensure buy-in to the resulting decisions; builds consensus when appropriate.
• Continuous Improvement – Act to improve existing conditions and processes, identify improvement opportunities, generating ideas, and implement solutions.
• Customer Oriented – Place a high priority on the internal or external member’s perspective when making decisions and taking action; implement service practices that meet the members’ and IT’s needs.
• Build Partnerships– Develop and leverage relationships within and across work groups to achieve results.
• Influence – Motivate or influence organizational leaders to ensure a solid environment, built with best practices, meets the needs of the organization and IT.
• Initiate Action – Implement new ideas or potential solutions without prompting; do not wait for others to take action or to request action.
• Drive Results – Set high goals for personal and group accomplishment; use measurement methods to monitor progress toward goals; tenaciously work to meet or exceed goals while deriving satisfaction from that achievement and continuous improvement.
• Quality Oriented – Assume responsibility and accountability for successfully completing high-quality assignments or tasks on schedule.
• Tech Savvy - Brings emerging technology trends to the organization; educates and informs colleagues. Stay plugged into emerging. technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities
• Continuously Learn – Actively identify new areas for learning; regularly create and take advantage of learning opportunities; use newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learn through their application.
• Regulatory Requirements – Knowledge of and compliance with Financial Institution regulatory requirements.
• On-Call Support – Elevations values work-life balance; however, your flexibility and willingness to work early or late as needed is part of the job, and we will never abuse it. Requires hands-on support for production systems, upgrades, and critical issues which occasionally occur outside normal business hours.
What you need for this position:
4 year college degree or equivalent work experience; B.S., Computer Science or equivalent; Master’s degree (or higher) in Computer Science or Computer Engineering will be appreciated
• 8 or more years of experience developing and supporting business applications within a financial institution.
• 5 or more years of experience with application development, testing procedures, report writing, systems process design, or equivalent processes.
• 4 or more years of experience in SQL development with relational databases.
• Heavy experience in IT solutions, infrastructure, SDLC, testing, security and application administration.
• Additional skills required – fundamental understanding of and experience with at least one of the following areas: Retail Operations, Lending Operations, Financial Backoffice Operations.
• Additional skills required – Experience with financial institution technologies: Jack Henry technologies (Episys, Synapsys, Synergy, ARCU), MeridianLink, Encompass, Digital Insight, Q2, COTS, Image Center, OpCon, etc.
Additional skills preferred but not required:
• 5 or more years of experience with the Episys application and PowerOn development.
• Familiarity with the Unix operating system, Unix shell scripting, Python, or similar.
• 5 or more years of project management experience in an iterative project management methodology.
• Experience with Atlassian product suite (JIRA, Confluence etc.).
• ITIL certification, or previous work within an ITIL environment.