Position Summary: The individual in this position will be responsible for assisting in the development and maintenance of Consumer and Mortgage credit policies supporting Direct and Indirect Auto, Unsecured, Credit Card, Home Equity, and Mortgage programs and products.
The day to day focus will include analysis of policy development and working collaboratively with partners to proactively identify policy opportunities to improve process efficiencies, identify growth opportunities, cost reduction initiatives, and policy contractions. This role influences the Credit Union’s risk appetite with prudent judgmental and appropriate analysis of exceptions for loan decisions across all consumer and mortgage products.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, analyzing data and effectively communicating results of the data to the Credit Policy Manager in order to make Credit Policy Changes and to create new Credit Policy Initiatives. This individual will also assist in all areas of Credit Risk Analysis and acts as a backup to the Manager of Credit Policy.
To succeed in this position, this individual must have knowledge of underwriting guidelines and the ability to see high risk areas and opportunities. The position further requires knowledge of automated business systems tools and the ability to identify efficiencies that can be improved within the systems.
The individual in this position will also:
• Proactively develop and present credit policy recommendations to mitigate risk with a prudent balance of risk vs reward
• Develop departmental procedures for policy adherence and effectively communicates and collaborates with stakeholders
• Monitor salable and portfolio loan credit delinquency and communicates findings to key stakeholders
• Review and analyze departmental and management reports and conducts post implementation analysis to assess credit policy effectiveness
• Work with IT and other supporting departments on necessary technology and project implementations and enhancements.
• Maintain advanced knowledge of loan lending calculations and the importance of analyzing the layered risk of key calculations
• Maintain advanced knowledge of financial institution’s examination process and able to actively assist in audits or exams
Knowledge, Experience and Skill Requirements:
• College degree in business, finance or similar field preferred or equivalent work experience required
• Minimum of five years of Credit Risk Analysis or Financial Analysis experience at a Financial institution
• Possess data analysis skills to support recommendations, and excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills to influence various levels in an organization
• Advanced skills in Excel (Pivot Tables, VlookUps, etc) and PowerPoint
• Knowledge of risk management systems used for forecasting (i.e. Moody’s, Bloomberg ,S&P)
• Demonstrate capability to be flexible and change priorities quickly.
• Have a passion for learning and acts on curiosity
• Working knowledge of policy and regulations pertaining to mortgage and consumer lending practices preferred but not required
• Knowledge of BI Systems and how they work and can be manipulated preferred but not required
This Job Description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities of this position and may change with or without notice.
Candidates for certain positions may be required to submit to a credit history report in determining qualification for employment with Elevations Credit Union. If the position you are applying for requires a credit history report, any information received in such report will be not be the sole factor in making an employment decision. A history of personal financial irresponsibility may be reason for disqualification insofar as it relates to your potential job duties. Elevations Credit Union is aware that occasionally there are extenuating circumstances that may affect an individual's credit history. We comply with the Fair Credit Reporting Act and the Colorado Employment Opportunity Act.