This position has a flexible in state location and includes a marketing budget and full time benefits!
Apply via our career page at www.pmcu.org
Originates mortgage loans, develops referral relationships with realtors, builders, bankers, and other sources in order to proactively solicit business, and conducts sales-related activities, in order to meet specific loan volume origination goals. Counsels customers, takes applications, conducts preliminary underwriting reviews, gathers initial loan documents to submit loan to processing. Remains in contact with customers and realtors to ensure that documents required for processing, underwriting, and closing are secured in a timely manner. This position is 100% commission. Adheres to all Federal and State laws and regulations governing applicable to the Credit Union, including the Bank Secrecy Act..
• Interviews and assists members. Inputs loan applications into on-line loan system.
• Delivers required disclosures within 72 hours of application.
• Develops and continually grows a diverse referral base.
• Communicates terms and conditions of an approved loan and reviews with member.
• Communicates with loan processor/closer regarding any outstanding items and/or additional documentation needed.
• Assists with processing and loan closing coordination with member if needed
• Regular participation in business-related development opportunities and community efforts to promote home ownership.
• The MLO ensures exceptional customer service by maintaining thorough knowledge of lending programs, policies, procedures and regulatory requirements demonstrating a commitment to professional ethics, complying with all Federal and State compliance policies and adhering to HMDA requirements
• Teamwork and customer service skills a must.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Knowledge of processing, underwriting and closing procedures as well as federal lending regulations and governing real estate lending
• Mortgage 2 years
• Loan officer 2 years
• Experience FNMA Desktop Underwriter, FHA, and VA, and Encompass systems desired
• Attention to detail is critical
• Exceptional organizational skills.
• Ability to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines
• Excellent verbal, written and communication skills.
• An ability to foster positive working relationships with people both inside and outside the organization is essential
• Ability to manage a heavy pipeline
• Strong analytical and mathematical skills
• Standard office conditions
• Low to moderate noise
• Limited lifting up to 10 lbs.
This description has been reviewed to ensure that only essential functions and basic duties have been included. Peripheral tasks, only incidentally related to each position, have been excluded. Essential functions, requirements, skills, and abilities included have been determined to be the minimal standards required to successfully perform the positions. In no instance, however, should the duties, responsibilities, and requirements delineated be interpreted as all-inclusive. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others or which impose undue hardships on the organization.
The Credit Union believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. Therefore, this job description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications, and job scope, but not limit the incumbent. It is our expectation that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors.
Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.