|Employer:||First American Credit Union|
Casa Grande - Pinal County|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Benefits:||First American Credit Union offers a comprehensive benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Short and Long-term Disability, and Group Life insurance; generous PTO accrual; 10 paid holidays plus one paid floating holiday; 401(k) Retirement Plan with up to 3% employer match plus employer profit share contribution. Benefits subject to change.|
|The credit union is seeking a seasoned loan officer with direct sales and underwriting experience in consumer and home equity loans, as well as asset recovery. |
|1. Perform high volume consumer, credit card, and home equity lending functions accurately, timely, and in alignment with credit union loan standards and procedures.|
2. Provide accurate information to members regarding credit union services, products, policies and procedures. Explains the benefits and features of products/services offered by the credit union.
3. Adhere to policies, procedures and established processes for the department. Recommend policy/procedural changes and process improvements to assist in the achievement of strategic goals.
4. Gather background information on loan applicants by interviewing loan applicants in person, online, or by telephone and obtaining credit bureau reports. Handle loans of highest complexity, value, or risk to determine character, capacity, and collateral.
5. Underwrite and approve loans based on established guidelines in Loan Policy and make alternative recommendations to borrowers who are creditworthy but do not qualify for the loan they requested—direct and indirect applications. May review and underwrite decisions for subordinates.
6. Pull and analyze credit reports for all accounts, verify debts, estimate monthly payments for any outstanding debts not listed and add them to debts on application; calculate debt-to-income ratios
7. Coordinates and processes closings. Ensures each loan is promptly and properly prepared, documented, processed, approved, and disbursed.
8. Calculates terms, finance charges, and insurance on loans for proper disclosure on promissory notes.
9. Assists in servicing loans by processing such items as payoff, refinances, problem loan workout arrangements, address changes, payment extensions, collateral releases, and payment due date changes.
10. Completes reports and records promptly and accurately. Ensures lending operations are conducted in accordance with established policies and are legally compliant. Ensures loan requests are properly documented.
11. Cross-service credit union products explaining the benefits and features to enhance the member’s financial well-being inclusive of payment protection, Auto Warranty, and GAP.
12. Understand and embrace mission of Credit Union.
13. Support your immediate supervisor and work to achieve goals.
14. Ability to work with diverse groups of people to include members, potential members, employees, and community organizations in a professional and diplomatic manner.
|Associate's Degree or equivalent work experience as a loan officer with underwriting and sales experience. Minimum of three (3) years. |
Must have a valid driver's license, ability to work Saturdays, and have or be able to to attain National Mortgage Licensing System registration (NMLS#).
First American is an Equal Opportunity Employer--minorities/females/disabled/veterans.