First day Health Insuracne, 401(k) matching, PTO accrual, 10 paid Holidays and many more!
This position is located at our Legend Oaks Branch in South Austin, Texas.
Hours: M-F: 8:30 to 5:30 and rotating Saturdays are from 9:30 to 2:30.
This position is responsible for, and directs the activities of a highly productive branch or oversees more than one branch. This includes coaching staff to utilize sales skills to build strong financial relationships with members. Guiding and leading the sales and service activities provided to individual members. Branch Manager is expected to lead all internal and external branch sales activities. Drives results in developing Member Services Representatives (and all staff); expanding member relationships, exceeding sales goals and service expectations. Responsible for hiring, training, supervising, and evaluating the performance of all employees (including promoting active participation in the TruAchievement Branch Program). This position is also responsible for the branch’s risk management. Branch Manager is expected to have a role in the community through participation in community events, business development, and building relationships with all Select Employee Groups (SEGs), if applicable. Directs and oversees floor management activities ensuring the overall positive member experience. Individual must present a professional image at all times as well as have the ability to maintain a flexible schedule. This position is responsible for fostering a strong sales and service culture as well as an empowered work environment that allows staff to provide spontaneous service excellence to members, employees and business associates; demonstrating the values shown on the TruWest Vision, Mission, Values card.
1. Establish, promote, and meet or exceed branch sales, performance and operational goals and motivate employees on a consistent basis to meet those goals, and reward performance or positive behavior.
2. Provides personalized, professional service to all members in an exceptional manner; seeking out opportunities to exceed member expectations.
3. Monitor and provide statistical information to the respective District Manager or VP of
Branches, at month end, and as requested.
4. Lead effective branch meetings (at least twice a month), to include reviewing percentage to goal on all branch goals assigned, and strategize on any improvements needed, if applicable.
5. Ensure cash, document and negotiable instrument audits are conducted.
6. Interface with sponsor/SEG management, if applicable.
7. Make visits to surrounding businesses or site management and represent the credit union at communication meetings, community events, and various developmental opportunities.
8. Required to make outbound sales calls to members. Follow up on all leads.
9. Responsible for hiring, training, motivation, supervision, and career development of the branch staff. Fosters and empowered work environment and supports and promotes all credit union initiatives.
10. Must be proficient in all aspects of the various duties, within a branch environment (Teller,
MSR and Assistant Branch Manager), in order to back up and assist all staff.
11. Advanced knowledge of Business Accounts, IRAs (including Ascensus website) and other special account, as well as the documents required during account opening.
12. Develop each responsible employee to their highest potential, by identifying their areas of improvement and appropriately coaching, training and correcting performance (when applicable).
13. Consistently hold employees accountable for their performance, attitude and behavior.
14. Meet with each responsible employee, at least monthly, to review previous month’s performance, set goals for upcoming month’s performance, and develop plans to improve employee’s performance (when applicable).
15. Responsible for the management of the TruDirection process and HR Policies up to and including disciplinary action.
16. Responsible for scheduling employees, assigning tasks, monitoring work, and ensuring adequate work flows within the branch.
17. Advanced knowledge of the TruSales system; including prompts, alerts, other sales tools and all aspects of the various reports; within this system.
18. Oversee the control and accountability of cash, branch equipment, forms and supplies (to include marketing materials).
19. Ensure all Policies and Procedures are adhered to and consistent throughout the branch and that audit findings are addressed/corrected immediately to avoid any repeat findings.
20. A proficient understanding of all eServices offered by the credit union, and can effectively demonstrate and/or assist members in signing up for applicable services, including on their own devices (or branch PC/tablet).
Requires education associated with high school diploma; a two-year Associates Degree in a related field preferred. A combination of education and experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
This position requires a minimum of five to seven years of credit union (or similar financial institution) experience in a Manager/Supervisor role.
Knowledge and Skills:
This position also requires managing in a high volume Community Branch environment and/or managing multiple branch locations, as well as overseeing over five employees. Additionally, ability to inspire staff to meet team goals and credit union service standards. Proven history of negotiation and influencing skills. Individual must have demonstrated supervisory skills in the area of staff career development and motivation, coaching and supervising sales performance, business development, product development and management, risk management, and supervising large work groups. Requires intermediate to advanced knowledge of computer software applications including: spreadsheet, word processing, and presentation applications. This position requires excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong organizational skills, the ability to prioritize workload, work independently as well as within a team environment. Individual must also have strong decision-making ability, the ability to participate in branch strategic planning, and the ability to maintain the integrity of confidential information.