Responsible for handling and resolving a variety of basic member service calls including but not limited to, account statements, account balance, payments, transfers, and password resets, in a prompt and courteous manner. Completes and maintains related reports, records, and files. Cross sells Credit Union services and supports all functions within the Contact Center.
• Receive and handle member telephone questions and complaints in a professional manner
• Provide general information to members on Credit Union policies, procedures, and programs
• Provide basic information to members on accounts, payments, interest rates, loan options, and savings programs
• Perform basic maintenance functions for loan payments
• Provide accurate and complete information about Credit Union products and services to members
• Maintain and convey the Credit Union's professional reputation
• Support the organization through strict adherence to attendance and punctuality policies/guidelines
• Maintain good business relationships with members. Member problems and complaints are promptly and professionally addressed and resolved.
• Ensure Member Contact Center Representative functions are efficiently, effectively, and accurately performed in accordance with established policies, standards, and security procedures
• Keeps supervisor informed of area activities and significant problems
• Maintain good working relationships and coordination with department personnel and management
• Provide appropriate assistance to department staff as needed
• Assists other Credit Union departments as necessary
• Performs related clerical duties as needed
• Process ACH loan payments
• Maintain office supply inventory and order when needed
• Distribute incoming mail for the department
• Actively and professionally cross sells Credit Union services
• Maintain goals of the Contact Center to include phone quality, calls per hour, availability, talk time, and handle ratio
• High School Diploma or GED
• General knowledge of Credit Union policies and procedures
• Basic understanding of loans, payment processes, and interest rates
• Six months of experience in customer service or Contact Center environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication and member/customer service skills
• Ability to work well under pressure with a positive and professional demeanor
• Ability to use a personal computer and related software applications including Microsoft Word and Excel
• Solid math skills and bookkeeping abilities
• Problem analysis and problem solving
• Able to read,write and comprehend instructions, memos and correspondences
• Standard office conditions
• Low to moderate noise
• Limited lifting up to 10 lbs.
• Flexible schedule between the hours of 7:15am and 6:15pm; to include Saturdays 0845-01:15pm.
This description has been reviewed to ensure that only essential functions and basic duties have been included. Peripheral tasks, only incidentally related to each position, have been excluded. Essential functions, requirements, skills, and abilities included have been determined to be the minimal standards required to successfully perform the positions. In no instance, however, should the duties, responsibilities, and requirements delineated be interpreted as all-inclusive. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others or which impose undue hardships on the organization.
The Credit Union believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. Therefore, this job description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications, and job scope, but not limit the incumbent. It is our expectation that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors.
Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.