|Employer:||TruWest Credit Union|
Tempe - Maricopa County|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Salary Range:||$71,000 - $79,000 / yr|
|Benefits:||Lucrative first day benefits|
|This position will be responsible for rendering mortgage underwriting decisions and subsequent clearing conditions to ensure credit guidelines are met, based on evaluation of borrowers’ creditworthiness, income, assets, ability for repayment of the loans, as well as analyzing property evaluations, and other underwriting factors associated with underwriting real estate loans. Position responsibilities include but, are not limited to, proactively communicating the underwriting decisions to the Loan Originators, as well as serving as a resource to Residential Mortgage personnel on underwriting questions. This position ensures team follows determined workflow, thereby meeting service level agreements that have been identified. This position is responsible for ensuring credit quality meets all defined standards and regulations, handles complex underwriting decisions which requires extensive senior knowledge and/or unique problem solving abilities.|
|1. Responsible for rendering mortgage underwriting decisions and subsequent clearing conditions to ensure credit guidelines are met, based on evaluation of borrowers’ creditworthiness, income, assets, ability for repayment of the loans, as well as analyzing property evaluations, and other underwriting factors associated with underwriting real estate loans.|
2. Review, analyze and provide synopses on real estate appraisals.
3. Keep abreast of secondary market requirements, as well as changes affecting compliance and regulatory changes.
4. Keep abreast of government (FHA, VA, FNMA,FHLMC) lending guidelines.
5. Manage expected service levels related to decision and condition clearing.
6. Update information on processing and underwriting systems to verify, add, delete and/or waive conditions.
7. Retrieve and review lending reports related to loan processes and loan closings, and take action to ensure closing deadlines are met. Review exception reports to ensure completion of all tasks.
Bachelor’s degree in Business related studies. A combination of education and exceptionally strong, directly related experience may be substituted.
Must have a minimum of 5-10 years experience in underwriting real estate loans. FHA-Direct Endorsement (DE) approved underwriter designation and prior mortgage insurance background beneficial.
Knowledge, Skills and Requirements:
1. In-depth knowledge of conventional, portfolio, conforming and government (FHA, VA) lending guidelines. In depth working knowledge of FNMA, FHLMC products as well as secondary market lending.
2. Possesses broad functional knowledge, including excellent judgment and underwriting analysis skills.
3. Strong knowledge of FNMA, FHLMC, FHA, VA, DU/LP, and other regulatory/underwriting guidelines.
4. Must be able to review, analyze and provide synopses on real estate appraisals.
5. Must be eligible to register with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System & Registry (NMLS) and must maintain registration with NMLS as a registered Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO).
6. Must have strong working knowledge of Federal and State Regulations governing real estate lending as well as knowledge of residential mortgage origination, underwriting and servicing.