Health,Dental,Vision,Life,Disablity,401K, PTO and Holiday Pay
The Vice President of Member Services is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the Lending, Collections and Member Services departments.
This includes overseeing and directing the member service activities of the entire credit union. Make sure that all products and services of the credit union are promoted and that quality member service is delivered to all members. Responsible for the operation of the lending department including compliance with relevant state and federal lending laws.
1. Direct and supervise the member services and loan department staff on a day to day basis
2. Perform duties of subordinate staff at any level, as needed
3. Assist in hiring, performance evaluation, disciplinary action and termination of staff as needed
4. Assist in directing all credit union operations, which include planning, recommending and implementing programs and policies and providing general administrative direction
5. Ensure that management is kept fully informed on the conditions and operations of the credit union, and of all important factors influencing them
6. Motivate staff to improve performance in transactions, cross-selling and other duties
7. Maintain a highly motivated, member friendly and well-trained staff
8. Establish and maintain effective employee relations
9. Develop, apply and evaluate policies and procedures to maximize efficiency and quality of work, and to provide consistent quality member service
10. Evaluate the job performance of member service and loan department staff to ensure quality of work and service to members
11. Monitor productivity and ensure staff is operating efficiently and productively
12. Assist staff with the development of a career path and support training efforts, to include cross-training in other CU departments, on their behalf toward attainting career goals
13. Identify, address and resolve personnel issues in cooperation with Executive Management
14. Daily oversight of the main and branch operations
15. Maintain thorough knowledge of credit union policies and procedures, product offerings and loan and savings rates and be capable of discussing and recommending various loan and deposit account products with members
16. Respond to member questions and concerns, including escalations from subordinate staff, in a prompt and professional manner
17. Assist Executive Management to ensure that the credit union is in compliance with the federal laws and regulations set forth by the National Credit Union Administration and other regulatory agencies
18. Monitor office activity, including number of transactions, volume, teller errors, loan volume, teller and loan cross sales, new accounts, etc
19. Respond to technical and operational questions or problems from credit union staff and make appropriate referrals, recommendations, suggestions, etc.
20. Prepare and disseminate information pertaining to credit union trends, security issues, operations, regulations, and services to department staff on a regular basis
21. Maintain up-to-date knowledge of general economic conditions that may affect the credit union lending and collections department
22. Interview loan applicants, resolve member complaints involving lending decisions or errors on their account, approve or deny loan applications
23. Review all delinquent accounts and accounts that are to be written off and prepare report for the Board and Management
24. Other duties as assigned
Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that shows confidence and professionalism with members, vendors, co-workers, and management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
Knowledge of all relevant regulations, policies and procedures. Ability to perform duties of subordinate staff at any level. Leadership ability. Supervisory experience. Basic knowledge of banking and accounting procedures. Prior bank or credit union experience.
Education/Experience: College degree or course work preferred. 12 months to 24 months related experience and/or training in a related position; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Communication Skills: Ability to maintain accuracy and professionalism in a variety of written and verbal mediums, including presentations, performance evaluations, and procedure manuals
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of issues where some situation will only have limited standardization
Strong leadership skills. Aptitude for developing/coaching and inspiring staff.
Please include salary history and salary requirements.