|Employer:||TruWest Credit Union|
Tempe - Maricopa County|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Salary Range:||$90k to 95K|
|Benefits:||First day health insurance, PTO accrual, 401(k) matching and much more!|
|This job is primarily responsible for supporting the organization’s compliance and internal controls efforts, including the need to ensure compliance with applicable banking and credit union rules and regulations and for providing specific, technical and working leadership to employees in the Risk Management Department. This includes training, supervising, evaluating performance of all employees and having a complete understanding of all job positions within the Risk Management Department. Participates actively with interdepartmental teams for continuous improvement of existing policies and procedures based on regulatory changes, internal audits, and examinations by regulatory agencies. Works on issues of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of various factors. Responsible for assigning tasks, monitoring work, ensuring adequate work flow in the area, making decisions, and addressing special action items and operations problems. |
|1. Manages Risk Management staff, provides direction, organization information and feedback, and evaluates employee performance, on a consistent, timely, and regular basis.|
2. Assists in maintaining the compliance program.
3. Participates actively with interdepartmental teams for continuous improvement of existing policies and procedures based on regulatory changes, internal audits, and examinations by regulatory agencies.
4. Coordinates, facilitates, plans, writes and edits the ongoing documentation efforts for policies and procedures related to compliance and internal controls.
5. Assists in maintaining the compliance training program, and ensures that all personnel receive adequate training regarding regulatory matters.
6. Assists management in evaluating new product development, including changes in products and advertising, in order to ensure that compliance is maintained.
7. Assists the Vice President in working with various departments across the organization with ensuring that audit findings are resolved and promptly addressed.
8. Assists in the preparation for regulatory examinations.
9. Assists in the management of alerts and/or other cases that fall under compliance and internal controls.
10. Responsible for Vendor Management oversight.
11. Assists in monitoring key control reports to ensure compliance with internal policies.
12. Assists with support of the Supervisory Committee.
13. Assists with identifying and reporting unusual and suspicious activity under the requirements of the BSA/Anti-Money Laundering Act.
14. Assists with overseeing both physical and data security, including Disaster Recovery and Incident Responses.
15. Assists with Insurance/Bond coverage and claims processing.
16. Assists in the research, development, coordination and timely implementation of corporate initiatives and projects.
17. Ability to make decisions that affect members accounts with the credit union; while adhering to the credit unions’ philosophy.
18. Ability to set department goals and administers staffs’ TruDirections.
19. Assists with the department budget planning and preparation.
20. Develop, motivate, coach and direct employees to meet their career path.
21. Maintain proficient knowledge of rules and regulations by attending 3rd party webinars/conferences.
22. Effective interaction and communication with all levels of management and employees throughout the organization.
23. Follow credit union policies for compliance with all laws and regulations, specifically, but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act, Security Policies and Confidentiality Policies.
24. Completes assignments in a timely manner by structuring/organizing work effectively
25. Some travel may be required.
26. Performs other duties as assigned.
|To perform this job successfully, an individual must be bondable and able to perform each essential duty with a high degree of competence. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.|
Education: Bachelor’s degree, preferably with an emphasis in business or law. Financial institution experience is preferred. A combination of education and experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
Experience: Five to eight years of similar or related experience.