|Employer:||TruWest Credit Union|
Austin - Travis County|
|Employment Type:||Part Time|
|Benefits:||First Day 401(k) matching, PTO, Holiday prorated and much more.|
|This position will be for 20 hours per week with flexible work days each week.|
Individual is responsible for directing the community/small business development efforts of the Credit Union through the development, coordination and sales efforts around communities and businesses that surrounds the branches.
Individual will address needs and potential opportunities to expand our small business/community development within the counties we serve, and support our Culture of Caring philosophy.
Must present a professional image at all times as well as have the ability to maintain a flexible schedule. This person is responsible for fostering our strong sales and service culture, as well as an empowered work environment that allows staff to provide spontaneous service excellence to members, employees and business associates; demonstrating the values shown on the TruWest Vision, Mission, Values card.
|1. Work with Assistant V.P./V.P. of Arizona Branch Operations, to define tasks in establishing a community outreach/small business development process that creates and supports a proactive community involvement program. |
2. Provide assistance to Assistant V.P/V.P of Arizona Branch Operations in establishing annual, 90-day, and weekly planning goals and processes.
3. Expand business relationships and create rapport within the community, especially in outlying areas (e.g. Pinal and Williamson County), serving the underserved.
4. Track and monitor all community outreach and small business development activities and any other community involvement efforts. Report on results and identify best practices.
5. Leverage knowledge, contacts, experience, and market research to discover, pursue, and convert alliance opportunities in the market areas we serve.
6. Works together with Marketing when the community efforts affects the entire credit union, so non-branch staff can volunteer/participate, when applicable.
7. This individual will serve as an ambassador-at-large in the community by attending functions, networking, and volunteering to raise credit union awareness and to promote TruWest’s image as a good corporate citizen.
8. Actively seek out opportunities for an increase in TruWest’s community/charity involvement (includes non-profit engagement).
9. Manage relationships with active Select Employee Groups (SEGs), and ensure success in ongoing engagements.
10. Assist with company-wide sales promotions and contests, if applicable.
11. Provide prompt and courteous service to everyone, while exhibiting professionalism in dress, appearance and behavior.
12. Thorough knowledge of business accounts and requirements necessary to become a business member.
Associates degree in business related studies required; bachelor degree in related field preferred.
A combination of education and experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
1-3 year’s community outreach/small business development experience and specific experience in working in a sales and service driven culture. Bilingual preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
A thorough understanding of our sales and service environment and effective presentation skills are required. Strong background in developing and implementing a community outreach/small business development program. Ability to interact with all levels of management and staff is essential. Employee must demonstrate ability to analyze and solve unstructured problems relative to sales needs.