Serves as a liaison between the member and the credit union. Responsible for providing account information and professionally handling members’ daily credit union needs. Provides a variety of transaction services for members including deposits, withdrawals, cash advances, loan payments, transfers and check cashing.
Pyramid Federal Credit Union is Arizona’s oldest credit union with more than 16,000 members and 5 locations around Tucson. Pyramid FCU offers competitive pay and benefits packages and performance incentives. For more information on Pyramid Federal Credit Union, go to www.pyramidfcu.org.
1. Display an understanding of and use sales and services skills to strengthen member relationships and build member loyalty
2. Provide information on products, services or policies, including eligibility for membership, types of accounts, dividend and interest rates, office locations, hours, etc. Ability to cross-sell credit union products, including ability to explain features and benefits of each.
3. Perform routine transactions, including processing deposits, withdrawals, loan payments, transfers, wires, issuing and cashing checks, issuing certificates, taking Visa payments, processing cash advance.
4. Process mail payments and deposits. Process and log night drop transactions.
5. Proficient in check ordering, Visa/debit card ordering processing simple adjustments to members’ accounts, researching member disputes and problem resolution.
6. Receive share drafts/checks and cash for deposit to accounts, verify amounts, examine checks for proper endorsement, negotiability and/or fraud, and enter deposits into computer records. Adhere to check hold policy. Process stop payments on checking accounts and on official checks.
7. Receive payments for mortgage, installment and share secured loans, ensuring that payments equal amount due and all late charges.
8. Ensure teller station is properly stocked with forms, supplies, etc.
9. Balance cash drawer at the end of the shift and compare totaled amount to computer generated proof. Report any discrepancies to supervisor.
10. Maintain equipment and files necessary to keep accurate records of member accounts, including membership cards and account change cards.
11. Sell traveler’s checks, Visa gift cards, and other “sale” items and maintain logs and inventories.
12. Respond promptly to members’ requests and/or concerns. If necessary, direct member to proper person for information and assistance. Research and resolve member account problems.
13. May be called upon to open accounts and start loan applications on an as needed basis.
14. Record and shred outdated documents or records.
15. Scan information into the computer system.
16. Basic understanding of back office procedures and daily routines.
17. Adherence to all policies and procedures surrounding state and federal regulations, including but not limited to USA Patriot Act (CIP), OFAC and Bank Secrecy Act.
Perform other duties as required
Branch Specific Duties
1. Open safe deposit boxes accurately. (Rita & Broadway)
2. Proficient in use of cash dispensers/recyclers/coin dispensers (Rita, Speedway and Oracle)
3. Proficient operation of drive-up teller (Broadway, Rita & Speedway branches)
1. Represent Pyramid in a courteous, efficient and professional manner at all times
2. Maintain positive attitude when dealing with members, coworkers and visitors
3. Ensure highest level of accuracy and confidentiality in all credit union business
4. Maintain a working knowledge of the many aspects of the credit union to better serve members including understanding of all Pyramid products & services
5. Work cooperatively in a team environment with other staff members
6. Maintain professional appearance and good attendance
7. Understand and adhere to established credit union policies/procedures; comply with all regulatory requirements for security, loan and deposit products
8. Complete all required training programs
Physical Demands/Work Environment
Duties of this job frequently require employee to talk, hear, stand, sit, write and type. Employee is occasionally required to walk or bend. Employee may be required to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Job requires close vision for computer work and ability to adjust focus from computer to member interface. The work environment is an office setting. Noise level is usually moderate. While safety precautions are in place, due to the nature of the industry, robbery is possible.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
1. Completion of high school education or equivalent and prior experience in sales or service position
2. Demonstrated ability to resolve problems and misunderstandings for members; ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
3. Ability to make decisions and work independently; Skills to handle many tasks at different degrees of difficulty. Competence and initiative to take on additional responsibilities. Ability to manage time and set priorities
4. Demonstrated ability to efficiently use PC-based word processing and other software
Share this Job:
Get Notified of New Jobs at Credit Union Job Network